Certificate Course on Public Accountability aims to increase awareness about the Impact of Values on Sustainability, Inclusive Leadership and Community Building.
This modular Public Accountability course helps in developing managerial performance. This course covers Public and Organizational Leadership, Strategy Formulation, Human Resources Administration, Advocacy, Budget Administration, Civic and International Laws, Human Rights, Democracy, Peace Studies, and Socioeconomic Development.
The mission of this course is to move from teacher-driven learning to student-driven learning; from a teaching process to an advisory process, from memorizing to brainstorming, from passing the tests to lifelong learning, from knowledge transfer to knowledge creation, from competitive learning to collaborative learning.
Registration Deadline: 15 March 2013
The Public Accountability training course is designed for
- Teachers or Academicians
- Public Administrators or Public Servants
- Civil Society leaders
- Doctrine of Public Accountability
- Public Accountability and Organisations
- Public Accountability: An Effective Remedy to Tackle Corruption and for Good Governance
- Transparency and Accountability in Governance through Right to Information
- Public Accountability and Lokpal: Signs of a Maturing Democracy
- Public Accountability and Role of Judiciary
- Public Policy
- Concept of Rights & Duties
- The Course will be administered through Distance Learning Mode. There will be an Online Examination System. The candidates are required to give the online examination from home, office or cyber café anytime during the time duration, as announced.
- The Duration of Course will be of 6 months. (July-December, 2013)
- The Syllabus is divided into 5 Modules. The Study Material will be dispatched to the registered candidates in the month of December.
- There will be 3 online Exams of 3 hours duration each during these 6 months. The Question Paper will contain objective as well as subjective questions. Each paper will carry 150 marks. There shall be no negative marking.
- The registered candidates will be required to submit a Research Project in the month of May. The topics of these Research Projects will be allotted individually. This Research Project will carry 50 marks.
- Two Preferences for Research Topic are to be filled in the Registration Form only. The preferences for the Research topic should be from the syllabus of the course only. Research Topic will be allotted in the month of January.
- The Research work submitted must be original and bona fide work of the candidates; plagiarism which includes the use of third-party’s ideas, without written permission or proper acknowledgment will result in automatic disqualification from the Course.
- The organisers reserve the right to repeal, modify or change any provision at any point of time. Any update or change in rules will be notified on our website, so you are required to keep yourself updated with the site during the entire course duration.
- All the disputes are subjected to the jurisdiction of Lucknow only.
- There will be 3 online Examinations and one Research Project.
- The participants need NOT to go to any examination venue. They are required to give the online examination from home, office or cyber café anytime during the time duration, as announced.
- There shall not be any Negative Marking.
- The Study Material for all the 5 Modules will be delivered to all the registered candidates before the beginning of the course.
- Exact Date of Examinations will be notified to the registered candidates before the beginning of the course.
- The Deadline for the Submission of Research Project should be followed strictly.
- No request for the Revaluation of Examination shall be entertained.
- Grade Marks Remark
- A+ | 450-500 | Excellent
- A | 400-450 | Very Good
- B+ | 350-400 | Good
- B | 300-350 | Fair
- C+ | 250-300 | Acceptable
- C | 200-250 | Re-appear
- D | Below 200 | Fail
- Grades will be displayed on the Certificate.
- First, Second and Third best performers in each category (Students/Professionals) will be awarded with Gold, Silver, Bronze medals respectively at the Felicitation Ceremony. The Details regarding the same will be provided well in advance.
- C Grade Candidates can reappear for the Exams by paying Fee Rs. 1000 as the Re-Examination Fee.
- Certificate will not be sent to Failed Candidates. They will be required to apply for the next batch with fresh application to obtain the certificate.
- For Students – 5,000
- For Professionals (Teachers or Academicians, Lawyers, Public Administrators or Public Servants, Journalists, Civil Society Leaders) – 7,500
- This Fee includes cost of Registration, Study Material and Examination.
- All the Candidates are required to pay the full fee for course while applying.
- The Fee is Non-Refundable.