The Indian Journal of Intellectual Property Law is India’s only student run Journal that is wholly devoted to intellectual property law. Published annually, it is an endeavour of NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad in collaboration with the N.C. Banerjee Centre for Intellectual Property Law. The Journal, now in its fifth year of publication, serves as a forum for contributing to the fascinating and burgeoning field of intellectual property law. The Indian Journal of Intellectual Property Law is pleased to invite contributions for Volume V of 2013.
Deadline: 15 July 2012
- NATURE OF CONTRIBUTIONS:
- Articles: An article must conduct a complete analysis of the area of law which the author seeks to highlight. It must contain a comprehensive study of the existing law, indicating the lacunae therein, and must contain an attempt to suggest possible changes which can address the said lacunae. An article should be between 4,000 – 5,000 words.
- Essays: An essay is more adventurous as it challenges existing paradigms/norms and provides a fresh outlook to common problems. It is strongly recommended that essays be considerably more concise than articles, in terms of scope and conceptualization. An essay must thus ideally be between 3,000 – 5,000 words.
- Notes: A note is a relatively concise form of an argument advanced by the author. The focus of a note should be on a relatively new debate or controversy regarding the interpretation or implementation of the Law. Notes should primarily highlight contemporary issues, which need to be addressed, and the authors are expected to provide a solution. The maximum word limit for a manuscript in the form of note is 2,500 words.
- Comments: A comment is where the author may decide to critique any recent/landmark judicial pronouncement or any recent legislation or bill before the Parliament or a State Legislature. The word limit for a comment is 2,500 words.
- Word Limit: As has already been indicated, the maximum word limit for articles and essays is 5,000 words (exclusive of footnotes) whereas that for notes and comments is 2,500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Format: The citation format to be used is The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th Ed.). In keeping with the same, speaking footnotes are discouraged. The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, size 12 and in 1.5 spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 and in single spacing.
- Abstract: Every submission should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 350 words describing the relevant conclusions drawn in the manuscript. Please note that there is no requirement of prior submission of abstract as the selection of the paper for publication shall be on the full manuscript. The abstract shall serve merely to help the Editorial Board in its review process.
- Biographical Information of the Authors: A separate document with the biographical information of the authors must also be attached, which should include the following details: Name, E-mail address, Postal Address, Name and Address of Institution, Course (if applicable) and Academic Year.
- All submissions are to be mailed in the MS WORD 2003 (.doc) format to submissions [at] ijipl [dot] com.
- Please contact the publisher for further guidelines.
- Email: queries [at] ijipl [dot] com