The Indian Student Law Review is the annual student journal of the School of Excellence In Law, TNDALU, Chennai. The Editorial Board aims to make the second issue of ISLR a greater success, by circulating it internationally. We seek to achieve this deed by including legal scholarship in the form of contributions from students and luminaries of the legal academia, doyens of the bar and stalwarts of the judiciary, by focusing on contemporary legal trends and issues, that serve as a repository of legal writing. We are now inviting contributions for our IInd Volume slated to be released in August 2012.
Theme: The ISLR Journal aims to encourage writings that cut across various disciplines of law and does not restrict to any particular subject.
Deadline: 15 July 2012
- WORD LIMIT: The word limit (inclusive of footnotes) for different categories is mentioned below and it must be strictly adhered to-
- Articles: 5000-8000 words
- The articles must concentrate on a particular topic and an in-depth analysis of the same must be done.
- Notes: 3000-5000 words.
- A note can contain a short analysis of any recent legal development or on areas of law which need development.
- Comments: 3000-5000 words.
- Elaborate comments can be given on recent judgments, new legislations or any contemporary issue
- Book Review: 1500-3000 words.
- Only legal or law related books must be reviewed under this category
- Main Content/Text- Times New Roman font, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing.
- Footnotes- The citation format to be used is the Bluebook (18th ed.), Times New Roman font, font size=10, single line spacing.
- Abstract- Every submission should be accompanied by an abstract of about 300-500 words describing the relevant conclusions drawn in the manuscript. Please note that there is no requirement of prior submission of abstract as the selection of the paper for publication shall be on the full manuscript. The abstract shall serve merely to help the Editorial Board in its review process.
- Information of the Authors-A separate document with the biographical information of the authors must also be attached including the following details: Name, E?mail address, Postal Address- both permanent and temporary, Contact Number, Profession, Name and Address of Institution- Course- Academic Year (if applicable), and a shorter version of their resume.
- Covering Letter/Undertaking- It must contain a covering letter in a separate document along with the paper submission, which will be an undertaking from the author regarding the originality of the work.
- All submissions should be made electronically in the form of a MS Word 2007/2010 (.doc) file at islr [dot] tndalu [at] gmail [dot] com. Queries may be addressed to the same email address.
- All the submissions will be reviewed thoroughly and the final call with regard to publication shall be taken by the editorial board. Authors shall be solely responsible for plagiarism. All rights are reserved with the Editorial Board.
- Submission Policy:
All submissions to the Journal should be original, genuine and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication. ISLR accepts submissions under the aforesaid presumptions and thus shall not be held responsible for plagiarism in any form whatsoever.
- Indemnification Policy:
Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third parties and that work does not contain any obscene, offensive or defamatory material. ISLR shall take no responsibility in such case and the responsibility shall wholly lie on the respective authors.
- Copyright Policy:
As an important condition of publication, the authors grant the Journal an irrevocable, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and license to reproduce, publish, and distribute their submissions in all media including but not limited to print and any electronic services. The license is granted for the duration of the subsistence of the copyright, including any extensions and/or renewals.