The Nirma University Law Journal aims to encourage writings that are inter-disciplinary in nature expounding contemporary issues across disciplines like Sociology, Political Science, Public policy and Economics in the context of Law. The journal would be a biannual publication showcasing contemporary issues and challenges specific to law; with an inter-disciplinary approach towards knowledge. It is the endeavor of the Institute to become the beacon of legal education by encouraging synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across academia and research fraternity.
Theme: Contemporary Legal Issues
Deadline: 15 May 2012
- The Journal invites Articles, Case Comments or Book Reviews pertaining to law and allied areas. The write up should be a
comprehensive review of current/contemporary relevant legal issue(s)/question(s) that need to be analyzed and presented. It must be clear on the topic dwelt upon and lucidly presented without any ambiguity. The author’s stand on the issue(s) should be expressed with clarity.
- The article should aim at understanding the issue(s) of current/contemporary legal importance. The word limit for the submission is 4000 – 6000 words, exclusive of footnotes and abstract.
- Notes and Comments may include a brief analysis of a recent judicial pronouncement, legislation, book or any legal issue of relevance. The word limit for the submission is 2000 words, exclusive of footnotes and abstract.
- All tables, charts, graphs, figures etc. should be kept to the minimum. They should be given on separate sheets with sources indicated at the bottom.
- MAIN TEXT – Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 spacing, justified, with a margin left 1.5 inch and right 1.0 inch, top 1inch and bottom 1 inch. The first line of the paragraph is not to be indented.
- FOOT NOTES – Times New Roman, font size 10. Substantive foot notes are accepted.
- CITATION-The Bluebook: A Uniform Method of Citation, 18 th edition should be strictly adhered to.
- REFERENCES- The style of referencing should be as follows:
- The typescript should be accompanied by an abstract in about 200 words along with a declaration that the paper has not been published or sent for publication elsewhere.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter stating the title, author’s full name, university and year of study and the author’s contact details. Only the covering letter should contain the above mentioned details and not the manuscript.
Submissions must be in MS Word.
- A soft copy of the transcript in PC compatible MS Word document format should be emailed to the editor at: nulawjournal [at] nirmauni [dot] ac [dot] in
The Editor in Chief,Nirma University Law Journal,Institute of Law
,Nirma UniversityS.G. Highway, Ahmedabad 382 481,