The International Journal of Consumer Law and Practice invites submissions on consumer law developments and trends for its inaugural issue. The peer reviewed journal is published by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs Chair on Consumer Law and Practice at the National Law School of India University.
Deadline: 1 August 2012
Theme: Global consumer law developments and trends.
- Co authorship: Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is allowed.
- Word limit varies according to the nature of the contribution. The word limits below is exclusive of footnotes:
- In the case of an article, it should be between 4,000-5,000 words containing a comprehensive study of the theme indicating the lacunae in the present system with suggestions and recommendations.
- An essay is more concise than article specifically dealing with the challenges to the problems consisting between 3,000-4,000 words.
- A note shall be on any contemporary issue with analysis of problems along with suggested solutions and shall not exceed 2,500 words.
- A case comment is an analysis of the landmark judgment where the author has to critically deal with the case and put forward his remarks on the issues dealt with therein. The word limit for case comment is restricted to 2,500-3,000 words.
- A book review where a literary work is criticized on the basis of its content and merit. These shall not exceed 2,000 words.
- The body of the contribution should be in Times New Roman, size 12 and in 1.5 spacing.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 with single spacing.
- Only footnotes are allowed.
- The citation style must conform to THE BLUEBOOK: A UNIFORM METHOD OF CITATION (Columbia Law Review Ass’n et al. eds., 18th ed. 2005).
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by an abstract of about 250 words stating the theme and scope of the submission.
- A small biographical paragraph describing the Name, E-mail address, Postal Address, author’s position, research interest and achievements should accompany the manuscript.
- Submissions may be sent by email to consumerlaw [at] nls [dot] ac [dot] in.
- No hard copy submissions shall be entertained.