Launched in 2004, Transnational Dispute Management (TDM) will be publishing a special issue on “Aligning Human Rights and Investment Protection”. The issue will be edited by Prof. Dr. Ursula Kriebaum (University of Vienna).
Eligibility: All those with an interest in the subject to contribute articles or notes on one or several of the topics or any other relevant issue.
Deadline: 1 June 2012
Theme: Analyse the possibility of courts and tribunals operating in the fields of human rights and international investment protection to take into account the concerns of the other field of law.
Possible topics may include:
- Are human rights part of the applicable law in investment arbitration cases?
- The approach of investment tribunals confronted with human rights sensitive cases.
- Investors’ human rights before investment tribunals.
- Third party participation before investment tribunals and human rights courts.
- Interim measures before investment tribunals and human rights courts: a comparative approach.
- Human rights abuses linked to investments (not necessarily foreign) before human rights courts.
- Investor protection by human rights courts.
- The form and amount of compensation granted by human rights courts to victims of human rights abuses by investors.
- Economic, social and cultural rights and foreign investment.
- Issues of potential conflicts (whether real or perceived) between international investment law/tribunals and international human rights law/tribunals.
- The interaction between national courts, human rights courts and investment tribunals.
- Written in MS Office Word.
- Checked for Spelling & Grammar.
- Please use standard legal citation methods preferably in footnotes and not endnotes.
- Include an executive summary of the article (150-200 words).
- Include (if you wish) for your profile:
- Your full name & title
- Your Company, University or Organization name
- Website address
- E-mail address (only visible for registered readers)
- 150-200 words on your own/your firm’s professional services provided, expertise, competence…
- A digital photo
Submission: All contributions must be sent to ursula [dot] kriebaum [at] univie [dot] ac [dot] at. Also please CC info [at] transnational-dispute-management [dot] comwhen you make a submission.