We at Centre for Environmental Law, Policy and Development (CELPD) believe that formulating good laws and policies is the key to creating impact at a larger level. This course aims to nurture budding, young activists into powerful change-makers by training them in how they can actively use policies to widen their impact at a national level.
Energy is central to sustainable development and poverty reduction efforts. It affects all aspects of development — social, economic, and environmental — including livelihoods, access to water, agricultural productivity, health, population levels, education, and gender-related issues.
In the light of recent scandals, scams and controversies (namely Coalgate and nuclear energy scandal), a careful study of the energy laws and policies would be necessary to establish a strong policy foundation among future leaders. Through a strong policy foundation, the development and implementation of programs can be done in a transparent and structured manner to impact people across a range of scales, from individual households and villages up to national, regional, and global levels.
Acknowledging the importance of energy on a global scale, this contemporary course will introduce students to energy laws, policies and the related issues and concerns. The online course will be over a period of 6 weeks and will consist of 4 modules. Each module will be emailed to the students on their registered email address sequentially, subsequent to which they will be sent Assessment Papers.
On successful completion, Certificate will be issued.
Registration Deadline: 19th October, 2012
Designed for all undergraduate and graduate students, lawyers and non-legal professionals whose interests lie in the energy sector, the Course is aimed at giving a solid foundation and upgrading their skills in energy law and policy by providing modules on legal, regulatory, and environmental concepts relevant to the sector.
The course ensures that students are equipped with the analytical foundations, the specific skills and the area knowledge that they will need to provide up-to-date analysis and solutions in a policy setting. The objective of the course is to provide a robust intellectual framework for analyzing how policy makers can most constructively participate in the energy sector to reduce climate change impacts, ensure security of supply, and foster economic development. Other objective include:
- Provide a detailed perspective of energy law
- To acquire an understanding of the legal, institutional and policy framework which structures and regulates decision-making concerning the energy demands of the world
- To subject existing procedures and techniques to critical analysis
- Consider emerging trends in the approach to environmental law
- Know the salient provisions of the framework legislation that govern International Energy Law
- Sensitivity towards the economic, social and political realities of energy activities
- Get in-depth view of key challenges associated with implementing energy for sustainable development
- Develop practical skills to facilitate effective engagement with the Environmental Law
- Registration to the course will be on first-come-first-serve basis, due to limited number of seats.
- For the purpose of course fees, interested applicants are required to make a Demand Draft of the applicable amount in favour of ‘Mr. Devanik Saha’ payable at Delhi.
- The Demand Draft is to be posted to the following address:
- Please mention your Name along with the Demand Draft.
- Additionally, fill up the online registration form available on the website and email it to registration [at] celpd [dot] in.
- The registration form can also be obtained by dropping an email to info [at] celpd [dot] in.
- Students (UG & PG): Rs. 1500/-
- Professionals & Academicians: Rs. 3000/-
- Last date of submission of registration form: 19th October, 2012
- Last date of submission of DD: 19th October, 2012
- Registration confirmation: 22nd October, 2012
- Course Dates: 29th October- 10th December 2012
- Announcement of result: 17th December, 2012
- Dispatch of Certificates for successful participants: 27th December, 2012