Imagine learning how to incorporate a company, register a trademark, drafting contracts, negotiating investments or getting business licenses for your clients – these are barely things that are taught even in best law schools. If you are unsatisfied with how little practical legal skills are taught in you college, this would be of interest to you.
India has seen an upsurge in number of start-ups and entrepreneurial ventures in the last few years, but start-ups and SMEs in general are also the most underserved sectors of the business world in terms of legal services. To address this gap, NUJS has announced a first-of-its-kind online diploma course on Entrepreneurship Administration and Business Laws. The objective of the course is to teach practical skills that will be found useful by managers and entrepreneurs. However, law students and young lawyers can benefit immensely from the practical skills that will be taught in the course.
Duration: The course begins on 15 July 2012. The duration of the course is one year.
Eligibility: Qualification threshold (you need to submit your 12th pass certificate) has been kept low so that entrepreneurs can benefit from it – but that also means all law students can join the course. There is no age limit to join the course since there is no minimum or maximum age for starting a business.
Course Fees: Rs. 20,000/- (payable in two six-monthly instalments of Rs. 10,000/- each)
- The course will be taught online through a combination of study materials and video lectures, delivered on an online platform.
- The faculty will comprise experienced professionals from law firms, government and litigators. The current list of faculty is given below:
- Sujit Kumar, Joint Commissioner of Income Tax
- Umesh Sharma, District & Sessions Judge (formerly Registrar, Rajasthan High Court)
- Shannon Jhunjhunwala, Consultant, ParasKuhad (advised small &medium businesses at a US law firm Akin, Gump Strauss Hauer& Feld LLP)
- Rohit Das, Managing Partner, Rohit Das & Associates
- RohanGhosh Roy, Senior Associate, Trilegal
- AbhinavAshwin, Senior Associate,AZB & Partners
- SuhasBaliga, Founder, Policycraft, formerly Projects Lawyer with Luthra&Luthra Law Offices, Delhi &Trilegal, Mumbai
- Ushasi Khan, Associate, Capital Markets, M&A and Non-Profits, AZB & Partners
- The assessment will be on the basis of periodic online tests.
- There will be a viva voce with NUJS faculty at the end of the course, which may be given online if a candidate is not able to travel to Kolkata.
- The following documents are required to be submitted for enrolment:
- Registration form (available here)
- Two passport size photographs
- A copy of your Class XII mark-sheet
- Cheque/ demand draft/ details of funds transfer transaction for payment of the course fee (as applicable).
Diploma in Entrepreneurship Administration and Business Laws,
WB National University of Juridical Sciences
Dr. Ambedkar Bhavan,
12 LB Block,
Sector-III, Salt Lake,