iThought is an organization which aims to create an atmosphere where critical thinking, independence of thought and action based on reason of every individual is equally respected and are not barred based on age, gender, class, caste, religion, race etc. With this in mind, we have launched the 1st Independent Thought National Legal Essay Competition 2012.
Original Deadline: 15 August 2012
Extended Deadline: 31 August 2012
Eligibility: All students having interest in Law, Development and Human Rights are eligible to participate in the competition.
Theme: Protection of Children from Sexual Offences – Law and its effectiveness
- The essay should touch upon the following topics:
- Constitution, Rights and Children
- Protection of Children – Law and Beyond
- Children – Who Owns their Responsibility
- Viability of present Legal System vis-à-vis Rights of Children
- Need of reform in Legislative framework
- All essays should not be more than 5000 words, with clear mention of number of words in the end. The essay should be written in font Times Roman Size 12 with margin of 1 inch, with page number.
- The essay should have standard citations, footnotes and reference details (not included within word limit). Any work other than original of the author will be disqualified.
- All submissions should be made in both word and format, along with details of author in footnote (such as name, year, Law school/college/univ).
- Three Best Thoughts will be provided with cash prizes:
- Best thought: Rs. 10,000
- Second best thought: Rs. 8,000
- Third best thought: Rs. 5,000
- Best 15 Thoughts will be published in the months to come.
- Twenty top eligible entries will be recognized through Certificate of Participation.
- Students with three best thoughts will be part of the first level adjudicating process in year 2013.