Submission: March 17, 2011
- How has migration (international or internal, in a sending or a receiving country) affected you, your family, your community, or your country?
- How do you perceive the benefits of migration (increased opportunities for young people, remittances) versus the risks (brain drain, illegal immigration and exploitation of young immigrants)?
- What actions can you recommend for broadening opportunities for young migrants in their countries of destination and their countries of origin?
- One participant may only submit one work per category.
- All submissions must be made online via the Essay Competition website.
- Submissions can be made in English, French or Spanish.
- The essay may not be longer than 4000 words (about 10 pages of standard text).
- Essays are accepted in the following formats: .doc or .pdf
- A summary of no more than 250 words. The summary will be used by the jury to make a pre-selection.
Eight finalists will participate in the Final Jury in Paris, France in May 2011, and attend the Annual Bank Conference on Development Economics (ABCDE).
- 1st prize: 3,000 USD
- 2nd prize: 2,000 USD
- 3rd prize: 1,000 USD