Hidayatullah National Law University is hereby pleased to announce the “2nd Gurcharan Singh Tulsi National Legal Essay Writing Competition, 2012” in the name of reverent father of Mr. K.T.S. Tulsi, the renowned Senior Advocate of Supreme Court of India.
Deadline: 2 April 2012
Eligibility: Students pursuing L.L.B. /L.L.M. course in any recognized University.
- Combating Corruption
- Does team Anna have double standards?
- Can delay in execution of death sentences render it unconstitutional?
- Can the J&K Government withdraw AFPA from the whole or part of the State unilaterally?
- Submission of participants must be their own work, i.e. the submission should not be published by or in any other publication or medium and should not be partially or substantially copied from any other prior published work of the participant or any other author without adequate reference.
- Submissions should be in MS Word-2007/2003 format.
- The essays must be typed in Times New Roman font, size 12 with 1.5 lines spacing and footnoting maybe done in Times New Roman font, size 10.
- Word Limit: 2500-3000 words (excluding footnotes)
- The citation should be strictly in accordance with the Harvard Blue Book style, 19th Edition.
- Participants must send their entries to gst [dot] essay [at] hnlu [dot] ac [dot] in on or before the last date of submission.
- The essay must be preceded by an abstract not exceeding 200-250 word (in single Word Document ).
- The submission must contain a covering letter containing details of the participant such as Name, Date of Birth, Address, Telephone Number, Email, Name and Address of College/University, Course and Academic Year (separate file from the essay document).
- The essay should be as an attachment to the e-mail.
- Authorship to the maximum of two is allowed. However, only one entry is allowed per student.