International Journal of Contemporary Laws and International Council of Jurists with an intention to develop research writing instincts among the future generation of the research scholars is organizing Contemparolis 2012, 1st Legal Writing Competition on Contemporary Legal Issues. It is an annual effort from the side of International Journal of Contemporary Laws and International Council of Jurists to promote the research writing culture on the contemporary legal issues among the students all over the world. We wish that this opportunity being provided by us will produce a new range of scholars worldwide. With this hope, we welcome all of you to participate in this fruitful exercise.
- Registration Deadline: 5 November, 2012
- Submission Deadline: 20 November, 2012
Themes for Contemporalis 2012
Contemporary Developments, Trends or Issues pertaining to:
- Arbitration Proceedings with regard to International Trade Laws
- Regional Mechanisms for Protection of Human Rights
- Intellectual Property Rights with regard to Domain Name Disputes
- Cross Border Mergers and Acquisitions
Eligibility Criteria: Person of any age and nationality pursuing any undergraduate or post graduate degree in the arena of law or social science is eligible to participate in the essay competition.
- Submission must not exceed 4000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- The essay must include references in the form of footnotes. The Bluebook Citation (18th Edition) should be followed for the citations.
- All submissions must adhere to the following requirements:
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font Size - 12 units
- Line Spacing – 1.5 spacing
- Footnote Font Size – 10 units
- Footnote Spacing (within footnotes) – 1.0 spacing
- Footnote Spacing (between distinct footnotes) – 2.0 spacing
- Submissions should be sent only as soft copies to “contemporalis [at] gmail [dot] com” in .doc or .docx fomat only. An abstract not exceeding 200 words mentioning the key is sues and setting out the main conclusions reached, must be attached. The subject of the mail should be ‘IJCL Essay Submission 2012’.
- The last date of submission is 20th November, 2012 latest by 23:59 hours Indian Standard Time.
- Late submissions will not be accepted in any circumstances.
- Prize for Best Entry – 15,000 INR or 300 USD
- Prize for Second Best Entry – 10,000 INR or 200 USD
- Prize for third best Entry – 5,000 INR or 100 USD
- All registered participants shall be provided with free access to Westlaw India for a month.
- The prize money in USD shall be rewarded equivalent to prize money mentioned in INR.