ENSAYO 2012 is an essay writing competition of international humanitarian law being organized by the Center for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL in collaboration with the International Committee for the Red Cross, Regional Delegation for South Asia, New Delhi, India
Eligibility: The competition is open to students from the disciplines of Law, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Defense Studies, International Relations, Medical Sciences, Mass Media and Journalism from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Iran, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Theme: “Explosive remnants of war”
Deadline: June 15, 2012
- The participants may chose to write on any topic within the ambit of the broader theme of the competition i.e. “Explosive Remnants of War”.
- Submission must not exceed 3500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- The essay must include references in the form of footnotes. The Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA) should be followed for the citations.
- Font (Text & Footnote): Times New Roman
- Font Size: Text – 12 & Footnote – 10
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Alignment: Justify
- All submissions must be original and bona fide work of the participants; plagiarism will result in automatic disqualifications.
- Each participant shall be permitted to submit only one individual entry.
- Joint entries shall not be permitted.
- The Essay should be submitted in MS WORD format only.
- The last date of submission is June 15, 2012 latest by 23:59 hours Indian Standard Time.
- Submissions will be accepted till two days after the last date of submission, with a penalty of 1 mark per day.
- The essay must contain an abstract not exceeding 200 words mentioning the key issues and setting out the main conclusions reached.
- No part of the essay (except the cover page) should contain any form of identification of the participant.
- There is no hard-copy submission of the essay.
- There is no Registration Fee for the competition.
- To participate in the essay competition, participants must submit their essay along with the required details by June 15, 2012. Click here to browse the registration form.
Awards: 25000 INR (First Prize), 15000 INR (Second Prize), 10000 INR (Third Prize)