About Human Dignity International
Human Dignity is a concept which is rooted in ensuring welfare of men, women and children, across borders. Public International Law is the mechanism through which widespread action is regulated around the world and HDI wishes Human Dignity to form an intrinsic part of it at a point of time in the future. Human Dignity International is an organisation which was created to bring to life this vision by disseminating knowledge about the concept of Human Dignity and promoting research in it. We would also like to mention that Human Dignity International’s activities are not restricted to the study of Human Dignity, but also broadly encompass the study of Public International Law.
Following dignitories are part of our advisory panel:
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice M. M. Kumar, Chief Justice, Jammu & Kashmir High Court.
- Dr. Vikram Singh Nain, Advocate, Rajasthan High Court; General Secretary, All India Lawyers’ Union
- Mr. Gopal Subramanium, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India; Former Solicitor General of India
- Prof.(Dr.) Frank Fleeracjers, Commissioner at the High Council of Justice; Professor of Law at the KU Brussels University- HUB, Belgium
- Prof. Y.S.R. Murthy serves as the Registrar of the O.P. Jindal Global University, India
- Dr. Sanoj Rajan, Legal Advisor for Academic Circles,The ICRC Regional Delegation for South Asia, New Delhi, India
- Prof.(Dr.) N.K. Chakrabarti, Director KIIT School of Law
- Dr. Anand Pawar, Associate Prof. of Law,Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab
- Ms. Shveta Dhaliwal, Director, South Asia Service Region, CTRLD, USA
About ESCRITO ‘12
A result of Prof. Bedi’s lifelong work, Human Dignity as a concept remained an unfinished piece at the time of his untimely demise on October 3, 2012. And yet to his students he had already outlined the concept of Human Dignity and what it would involve. In his memory and to give him a tribute his students namely, Yashasvi Nain (Founder of Human Dignity Internationa) along with Ankita Mittal (Founder of Human Dignity International), Tathaghat Chatterjee, Nitin Pavuluri, Ankit Ayan came with this idea to launch annual essay writing competition i.e. ESCRITO ’12- 1st Prof. (Dr.) S.R.S. Bedi Memorial Essay Writing Competition on Public International Law.
Also, Cash Prizes worth 30,000 INR have been allocated for the competition in the following manner:
- 1st Prize: 15,000 INR
- 2nd Prize: 10,000 INR
- 3rd Prize: 5,000 INR