What is the theme for this year?
The theme selected for 2011 is “Legal and ethical foundations of judicial accountability”.
Who can participate?
The Competition is open only for LL.B. students studying in any of the recognised Law Schools /Colleges / Departments of the Universities in India.
What should I keep in mind while writing the essay?
- Each essay should be written in english and must be original i.e. it should not have been published earlier or extracted from any external sources.
- No submission must exceed 10,000 words (approximately 30 double space typed pages, New Times Roman, font size: 12) including footnotes and references.
How do I submit my essay?
- Each essay has to be typed on one side of A4 size papers.
- All the sheets have to be stapled with an additional white page for the first (title cover) and last page.
- Joint authorship is not allowed.
- Plastic wrappers and spiral binding is discouraged to follow the eco-friendly practice.
- Four copies of the essay should be sent to the following address on or before July 15 , 2011 (5.00 P.M.) to:
Prof. T.V. Subba Rao
National Law School of India University
Nagarbhavi, Bangalore – 560 242
- A soft copy of the same should also be sent to hmse [at] nls [dot] ac [dot] in before the last date.
- Both the hard copy and the soft copy should be received before the last date.
- Students should also provide a bonafide certificate through the Principal or Head of the institution.
- The envelopes containing the essays must be properly sealed and superscribed – “H M Seervai Gold Medal Essay Competition”.
What are the rewards?
The essay that is adjudged to be the best will be awarded a Gold Medal at the Annual Convocation of NLSIU, Bangalore. The NLSIU may award Certificates of Merit to select essays which receive the commendation from the panel of judges. Essay may also be considered for publication in the National Law School journal.
I have more questions. Who should I contact?
For any further information or clarification, please contact:
Prof. T.V. Subba Rao
Tel. No. 080- 23160532/33 (0)
Email : subbarao@nls .ac.in
Click here to view the poster.