The Chair on Consumer Law and Practice (CCLAP), which has been established by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Govt. of India at the National Law School of India University, is pleased to announce the National Consumer Law and Practice Essay Competition for undergraduate and post-graduate students of law.
The purpose of this competition is to bring to light the various aspects of consumer protection and the legal framework governing it using empirical data and case studies. In line with this objective, the essay is designed in such a manner to focus on the real-life instances of such. Thus, unlike a standard essay competition, weightage will be given not just to theoretical analysis and style of writing, but also to empirical data gathered, its relevance and analysis of such data.
Deadline: 15 July 2012
- Impact of Misleading Advertisements on Consumers and Solutions.
- Implementation of Consumer Welfare Legislations: Reasons for Failure and Solutions
- E-Consumer Protection and Solutions
- This competition is open to all law students (both Undergraduate and Post Graduate) in India.
- Co-authorship is permitted (maximum of 3 authors from the same institution per entry).
- Multiple entries are allowed. Each entry must be registered separately.
- Each entry is to be registered with us by filling in the Registration Form (see Below) by 15th July, 2012 (11:59pm IST).
- Registration fee per entry is Rs. 250. Demand Draft may be drawn in favour of “The Registrar, NLSIU”
- In order to register, scan of Registration Form, Demand Draft and College ID(s) of all participants must be sent to consumerlaw [at] nls [dot] ac [dot] in before 15th July, 2012.
- Word Limit – The essay shall not exceed 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- Empirical data through surveys conducted/interviews taken may be attached as annexure to the essay. Such data may also be represented in tables, graphs etc – and will not be included in the word limit. No analysis of the data is to be included in these annexures.
- The soft copy of the essay in a MS Word (.doc/.docx) file must be sent to consumerlaw [at] nls [dot] ac [dot] in before 25th July, 2012.
- One hard copy of the Entry, along with the original Demand Draft, registration form and photocopy of College ID of all participants should be sent to the following Address on or before 30th July, 2012:
Chair Professor, Chair on Consumer Law and Practice
(Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Govt. of India)
National Law School of India University,
Nagarbhavi, Bangalore-560 242
- Students are encouraged to acknowledge their sources. Plagiarism will invite immediate disqualification. Previously published material will not be accepted.
- Participants are free to narrow down their topic, as long as it does not lose its relevance.
- In order to ensure anonymity, participants are required to not indicate their names, contact information or institution in the text of the essay.
- A separate page in the beginning of the essay must contain the following the details:
- Name of the Participant(s)
- Year of Study
- Contact Information (e-mail IDs and Phone nos. of all participants)
- All entries must be in Times New Roman font, 1.5 inch line spacing and 12 font size.
- First Prize: 10000 INR
- Second Prize: 5000 INR
- Third Prize: 2500 INR
- Submission of registration form and soft copy of Demand Draft – 15th July, 2012 (11:59pm IST)
- Submission of soft copy of essay – 25th July, 2012 (11:59pm IST)
- Submission of Hard Copy of Essay (along with Original copy of Demand Draft) – 30th July, 2012