What is this competition about?
The Supreme Audit Authority of India is conducting an essay competition for all students in India. The objective of this competition is to provide an opportunity for young minds to understand more about accounting and auditing and also to share their ideas on a critical issue.
What do I have to write about?
The theme of the essay is the “Role of CAG in Meeting Challenges of Good Governance”.
Can I participate?
Any student who is currently enrolled in an under-graduate or post-graduate program in India is eligible. You cannot be more than 28 years old as on 16 November 2011.
What is the deadline?
All essays have to be submitted via email to essay2011 [at] cag [dot] gov [dot] in . The last date to submit your essay is 31 August 2011 by 5:00 pm (Indian Standard Time).
What are the guidelines that I have to follow?
- An essay can be written either in English or Hindi.
- There is a word limit of 2500 words.
- Essay must be neatly typed on ‘A4’ size paper with a linespacing of 1.5.
- An English essay may be typed using MSWord and Times New Roman font size 14.
- A Hindi essay may be types using the Akshar font for windows with a font size 15.
- Only one entry is allowed per participant.
- Candidates should not include or make direct reference to their identity inside the essay text, to avoid disqualification from the essay competition.
- It is necessary for you give the following details on the title page:
- Name of Participant (Mr./Ms.)
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- School/College Identity Card Number
- Graduate/ Post graduate program in which enrolled
- Contact Information (Mailing,Telephone & Email)
- Any level of plagiarism as well as nonconformity to the guidelines of the competition will lead to the disqualification of the participant from the competition.
What are the prizes?
The winners of the essay competition will be awarded prize money as well as a certificate:
- First Prize : Rs. 50,000
- Second Prize : Rs. 40,000
- Third Prize : Rs. 30,000
- Three consolation prizes: Rs. 10,000 each.
How will my essay be judged?
Your essay will be judged by an expert committee based on content, clarity, persuasiveness, critical thinking and originality. Besides these parameters, coherence, organization and linguisticproficiency will be other parameters of evaluation.
I have more questions, what do I do?