Sage magazine, published by the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, is holding a writing competition.
Eligibility: Open to all non-professional writers. Non-professional means that you have either not previously published for pay or that you are just starting a paid writing career. We will generally consider writers who have published a limited amount, but reserve the right to discretion on this matter.
Deadline: April 20th, Midnight, Eastern Standard Time
- Send us essays, short stories, memoirs, poetry, graphic novels, reporting, sky-writing–all forms of environmental writing accepted (including excerpts from longer works).
- Writers under 20 must include their age to be considered for special mention.
- Please send final submissions to SageMagazine [at] gmail [dot] com
- First Prize: $500; Second Prize: $300; Third Prize: $200
- One writer under 20 will receive a Special Mention.
- All finalists will be published on SAGE Magazine’s website and considered for our annual print publication.
Submission Fee: There is none! We are generously supported by a grant from the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
Fine Print: SAGE takes no rights to publication, meaning contest participants are free to submit and publish their work elsewhere. Editors will consult with winners to edit submissions for publication. SAGE reserves the right to declare a tie and to award only as many winners and finalists as are appropriate to the quality of work represented in the magazine.
- For further queries, leave your questions at the link above.