Admit One is the annual inter-collegiate theatre festival hosted by the Cultural and Fine Arts Committee of the National Law School of India University.
Currently in its 7th edition, Admit One was started in 2006 with the aim of providing a platform to bring theatre enthusiasts, college teams and amateur theatre groups together on an international stage. Since then the event has grown by leaps and bounds, with participation of over 25 teams, from across India and the subcontinent. Previous editions of the fest have been supported by Bangalore’s active theatre community, with personalities such as Arundhati Nag, Mallika Sarabhai, Chippy Gangjee, and Leila Alvares having graced the event as chief guests on numerous occasions.
Event Date: 21 – 23 September 2012
Venue: Auditorium, National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), Manikyavelu Mansion, Palace Road, Bangalore, India
Participation: Any University/amateur/community theatre company is eligible to participate if it meets the following criteria -
- Productions entered in a Festival may be a cutting of a full-length play or musical, a one act play or any other performance of a theatrical nature. This may be an adaptation or an original script.
- Each act or performance is limited to 45 minutes empty stage to empty stage. If a performing company elects to have a curtain call, it must be included within the 45 minutes prescribed. In the event that a performance exceeds time, the judges will be informed of the “overtime” and points will be deducted as per their discretion.
- The participants are required to bring special sets, furniture and properties needed for their performance. The Cultural and Fine Arts Committee may provide regular curtains, general furniture and properties only.
- The use of profanities is prohibited.
- The Cultural and Fine Arts Committee reserves the right to monitor and reschedule a performance, if required.
- Rs 500 per member of the team (including accommodation and transport to and from the venue)
- Or Rs 200 per member of the team (excluding accommodation and transport to and from the venue)
Click here to register!
Admit One also collaborates with Thespo 14 to form a part of the screening process for the Thespo national finals at Mumbai! The event promises excellent judging, stunning hospitality, and lots of fun!