Gender Issues in India: Sensitisation, Reflection And Solutions – National Conference organized by Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law’s Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASHIR) in collaboration with the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), New Delhi between 6th – 7th October 2012.
- Abstract Deadline: 24 August, 2012 (midnight)
- Notification of Acceptance: 27 August, 2012
- Submission of Full Papers: 20 September, 2012 (midnight)
Each participant can chose to write on any of the sub-themes from the list given below:
- Transgender Community in India: Legal and Social Perspectives.
- Gender Specific Crimes: Causes, Effects and Solutions.
- Women and Reproductive Rights (special reference to Surrogacy and Right to abortion).
- Gender Bias & Efforts towards Gender Mainstreaming.
- Each participant shall be permitted to submit only one entry.
- Joint entries shall be permitted however, only one of the authors shall be permitted to present the paper and accommodation shall be provided to the presenter only.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- The abstract must not exceed 300 words.
- The abstract shall be duly submitted with the online registration form available at the Submission Form.
- The word limit for each paper is maximum 4000 words (including footnotes and excluding abstract).
- The paper must be accompanied by the abstract and a cover page including Name, Postal Address, Phone number, Institute Address, Email Address, Sub-theme, Title of paper and word count.
- Other than the cover page, there should not be any form of identification in the paper.
- The header of the paper may mention the sub-theme and title of the paper.
- The research paper must include references in the form of footnotes.
- All submissions must adhere to the following requirements:
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font Size – 12
- Line Spacing – 1.5
- Footnote Font Size – 10
- Submissions should be sent as soft copies to casihr [dot] rgnul [at] gmail [dot] com in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format only.
- The method of citation should follow the RLR scheme available at http://rgnul.ac.in/rlrscheme.pdf
- All submissions must be original and bona fide work of the participants; plagiarism will result in non-consideration of paper for acceptance.
- The research paper should not have been submitted anywhere else for publication whatsoever.
What do I stand to gain?
- All participants shall be awarded a certificate of participation.
- Selected papers shall be published in a Souvenir Book with an ISBN No 978-81920809-0-4.