Good governance is a tool to help governments, businesses, and civil societies to fight corruption. Corruption can be curbed by systematic changes in governance through introducing participation, transparency, accountability and probity in administration. The right to good governance is also considered as an essential part of the citizen‘s rights that one can expect from the government. The International Conference on Transparency and Accountability in Governance: Issues and Challenges will provide an international platform to all stake holders to address contemporary issues pertaining to accountability and transparency in governance.
- Event Date: 13 – 14 October 2012
- Submission Deadline: 10 September 2012
- Registration Deadline: 23 September 2012
Call for Papers
Conference papers are invited from Scholars, researchers, bar & bench, teachersand students on emerging areas. Papers Selected by the Editorial Committee will be published in the Seminar Volume as a book with ISBN N0.
Paper presenters may select the related topics covered under the main theme. The following themes are only illustrative but not exhaustive:
- Right to Information Activism
- The Judicial Standards And Accountability
- Implications of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas (Ombudsman)Transparency and Accountability on Governance
- Citizen’s Charter on Public Services
- Whistleblower Protections and Quality of Governance Implications of the eGovernance on Transparency and Accountability in Governance.
- Public Hearings on Public Interest Matters and Transparency and accountability in Governance
- Research paper should apply research skills and use of appropriate research methodology.
- Research paper should be thematic and identification of sub-themes is highly appreciated.
- It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings.
- Paper should not be of more than 7000 words.
- It must be typed in Times New Roman Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1″ margin on all sides with 1.5 line Spacing using MS Word application.
- At the end of the paper of the paper, there should be a brief profile of the author with his e-mail ID, Contact number and address.
- Blue Book style should be followed for providing reference and footnotes.
- The research paper may be submitted to the convener of the conference at ictag [at] yah00 [dot] in or jeetsinghmann007 [at] gmail [dot] com or at National Law University, Delhi, Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078, India.
- Articles received after the stipulated deadline will not be entertained for participation in the conference.
- Only those papers which are accepted by the Editorial Committee will be included in the conference proceedings.
- Indian Students: Rs. 1250 (Early Bird Registration)/ Rs. 1500 (Normal Registration)
- Foreign Students: $40 (Early Bird Registration)/$50 (Normal Registration)
# Click here to Download the Conference Poster & Registration Form