MATS Law School is organizing the MLS International Moot Court Competition 2012 between 23 – 25 November 2012.
The competition aims at providing a firsthand exposure to the practical aspects of the legal profession to the students participating in the event. Mats Law School firmly believes in the holistic development of students through mooting. The MLS International Moot Court Competition, 2012 will give recognition to the best mooting talents from across the world. This year’s case is based on International Trade law.
Eligibility for Participation: The Competition is open to all students, enrolled on a regular basis in an Undergraduate law course or its equivalent conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University.
- September, 15, 2012: Release of Problem along with the rules.
- October, 11, 2012: Last Date of Registration (Online)
- October, 13, 2012: Last Date of Registration (Via Post along with Registration Fee)
- November, 2, 2012: Submission of Memorials
- November, 23, 2012: Orientation & Draw of Lots
- November, 24 & 25, 2012: Oral Rounds
- Each team shall register with the Organizing Committee to participate in the competition.
- Registration is a two-step process consisting of submission of the registration form and payment of the registration fees.
- Online Provisional Registration will be open till 11/10/2012 (11:59 PM IST) and Postal till 13/10/2012.
- The teams are required to send the duly filled registration form to the following address:
MLS International Moot Court Competition 2012,
MATS Law School, MATS University,
MATS Tower, Pandri,
Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India
- The Registration Fee for participating teams shall be Rs. 2000 (Two Thousand Only) INR.
- Teams from Low HDI Countries are eligible to apply for waiver of registration fees.
- All the formalities concerning the registration process should be completed by October 13, 2012. The decision of the Organizing Committee shall be final in this regard.
- Indian Teams must make payment by Demand Draft. The Demand Draft shall be made in favor of “MATS University” payable at Raipur. (Indian Teams are also free to make payment by the mode prescribed in the next clause.)
- Payment by International Teams must be made via Bank Transfer. The Bank Details for which are as follows:
Account Name: MATS University
Account Number – 1066002100030487
Bank – Punjab National Bank
Branch – Station Road, Raipur, 492001
Branch Code – 106600
IFSCI – PUNB0106600
- Best Team INR 20,000/-
- Runners up Team INR 15,000/-
- Best Memorial INR 5,000/-
- Best Advocate INR 5,000/-
- All Rounder Team INR 5,000/-