The Literary and Debating Committee of the NALSAR University of Law have organized the third edition of the Westlaw NALSAR Inter Varsity Debating Championship, or simply, the NALSAR IV 3. NALSAR has been a pioneer in the British Parliamentary Style of debating – the NALSAR IV 2011 was the first ever BP debate in India, and it is now the largest debate in terms of team participation. Last year’s edition saw no fewer than 83 institutions worldwide registering, from the UK, Germany, Australia, Singapore, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka, amongst others.
The debate is being held between the 12th and 15th of October 2012, in peak debating season as a run up to the WUDC 2013. Based on the British Parliamentary Debating Style, the NALSAR IV seeks to unite the best debating talent to engage in a wide range of social, political, cultural and economic issues. Further, the debate seeks to expand the horizons of thought of not only law students, but students from various disciplines, and simply put, encourage cogent argumentation and further dialogue.
The adjudication core for this year’s debate will comprise of some of the world’s best, including Jens Fischer, Mabrur Wassey, Sidharth Chauhan and James Kilcup, amongst others.
Registration Deadline: 25 September 2012
- Registration of teams opens on Monday, 10th of September.
- You can register by emailing nalsariv [at] nalsar [dot] ac [dot] in with the above details, or check our facebook group and website for the registration form.
- Each team must consist of 2 debaters.
- Each team must have at least one adjudicator registered with it. Hence 1 team – 1 adjudicator, 2 teams – 2 adjudicators, and so forth. More adjudicators can be registered if the institution wishes, however the n+1 rule strictly applies.
- The Team Cap is 3 teams per institution, as per rolling basis subject to availability.[ Please Note:- Taking into consideration the numerous requests relating to cross teams, we've decided to allow institutional cross teams in this year’s “I.V”. This means all debaters have to be enrolled in a university/college to be able to participate. Graduates are more than welcome to attend the” I.V” as independent adjudicators. ]
There are 2 fee categories :
- Basic accommodation of INR. 1700/- per person. This includes food, non-a/c accommodation with LAN access.
- Premium accommodation of INR. 2500/- per person. This includes food, a/c accommodation with computer and television and attached bathroom.
- Premium accommodation is granted on a first come first serve basis, and subject to availability.
# Accommodation will be provided from the morning of the 12th to the evening of the 15th of October.
NALSAR IV 3 2012. Be there !