Context: The Centre for Business and Commercial Laws (CBCL) at National Law Institute University, Bhopal is pleased to announce a call for papers for the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Critical Issues in International Commercial Arbitration, 2012. The seminar aims to foster an understanding and appreciation for the various opportunities and challenges raised by International Commercial Arbitration in India.
Theme: Critical Issues in International commercial arbitration.
- Arbitration Agreements: Elements and Requisites
- Procedures and Consideration in the Appointment of Arbitrators
- Procedures adopted by Arbitral Tribunals and Grounds for Challenge
- Arbitration Proceedings: Commencement and Termination
- The Propriety of Interim Measures by Courts in International Commercial Arbitration
- Arbitral Awards: Finality and Grounds for Setting Aside
- Enforcement and Recognition of International Arbitral Awards in India
- International Arbitration Tribunals in India: Future Opportunities and Challenges
Date: 3rd-4th March, 2012
Abstract Submission Deadline: 5 January 2012
Eligibility: Participation in the seminar is open to all Undergraduate and Post-Graduate Law and Management students, faculties and academicians enrolled in any institution in India.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically via email to cbcl [dot] nliu [at] gmail [dot] com clearly indicating the sub theme on which the abstract is based.
- Word Limit: 3500 words (including references).
- Citation Style: Bluebook (19th Edition).
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- Click here for detailed Submission Guidelines.
Awards and Publication:
- Select entries will be published in a Special Issue on International Commercial Arbitration by CBCL and in the forthcoming issue of the Indian Law Review, published by The National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
- Three best entries will receive Certificates of Merit and select resources on Arbitration Law.
- All selected entries will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Abstract Submission: 5 Jan 2012
- Notification of Acceptance: 15 January 2012
- Paper Submission: 19 February 2012
For any further details regarding the seminar, please contact: