The University of Petroleum & Energy Studies is organizing a national seminar on intellectual property rights on copyright, patent and protection of indigenous medicinal plants, herbs, roots and practices between 24 – 25 November 2012.
The College of Legal Studies, offers an open stage for intense and intuitive brainstorming by artists, social scientists, legal researchers and professionals at this first National Seminar.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 10 October 2012
“Rights” positive and negative are a subject-matter of intense deliberations and discussions from time immemorial. The concerns get new dimensions when the topic of scrutiny is the intellectual property of an individual in the emerging technologically advanced digital era.
- Protection of Medicinal Plants
- Coding and Decoding of Medicinal Formulations from Plant Products
- Sui Generis Methods of Traditional Knowledge Protection and Importance
- Constitutional Provisions for Performers and Artists
- Challenges in the Enforcement of Copyrights in Contemporary India
- Comparative Concerns of Global Enforcement of Copyrights and Performers’ Rights
- Challenges of Protection of Artistic Creativity in the Context of Media Convergence
- Challenges of Enforcement of Protection of Copyright Laws in the Digital Era
- Emerging Forms of Copyright Licensing in the Digital Era
- Research papers should be complete and original in content. Submission would be shared with all the participants.
- Papers should be restricted to 3000 words formatted in Times New Roman font 12.5 with 1.5 line spacing.
- Contributions must be sent to iprseminar12 [at] yahoo [dot] in
- Submission of Abstract: 10 October 2012
- Confirmation of Acceptance: 20th October 2012
- Submission of Full Paper: 30th October 2012
- Last Date of Registration: 10th November 2012
- Students – INR 1000
- Faculty and Other Distinguished Scholars – INR 1500
- Corporate Sector and Government Organizations- INR 5000
# Click here to download the poster!