The National Law School of India Review (NLSIR) – the flagship journal of the National Law School of India University, Bangalore is pleased to announce the NLSIR Symposium on “Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions in India: Recent Regulatory Changes”.
Date: 5 – 6 May 2012
Deadline: 30 April 2012
Location: National Law School campus, Bangalore.
Confirmed speakers for the symposium include renowned legal luminaries such as Hon’ble Mr. Justice V. Ramasubramanian (Judge, Madras High Court), Mr. Dhanendra Kumar (Former Chairman, Competition Commission of India), Mr. Uday Holla (Senior Counsel, Karnataka High Court), Mr. Nishith Desai (Nishith Desai Associates), Mr. V. Umakanth (Assistant Professor, National University of Singapore), Mr. Sandip Bhagat, Mr. Rajat Sethi (Partners, SNR), Mr. Somasekhar Sundaresan (Partner, J Sagar Associates), Mr. Ajay Vohra (Managing Partner, Vaish Associates), and Mr. K. Swaminathan (Director – Direct Tax and Transfer Pricing Litigation, Delloitte Haskins and Sells), amongst others.
This year, the discussions will be divided into four panels:
Session I: The Competition Regime Governing Transaction of Business in Combinations
(Forenoon, May 5, 2012, Saturday)
Session II: Takeover Regulation in India: Liberalisation with Caution
(Afternoon, May 5, 2012, Saturday)
Session III: Cross-border Mergers and India’s Taxation Regime
(Forenoon, May 6, 2012, Sunday)
Session IV: Companies Bill, 2011: Indian Company Law at the Cross-roads
(Afternoon, May 6, 2012, Sunday)
Participation: Registration fee for the symposium is Rs. 500 for students and Rs. 1500 for others.
- For more details including the concept note, program schedule and online registration, please visit: http://www.nlsir.in/symposium.html.
- For regular updates, also see our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/NationalLawSchoolOfIndiaReviewSymposium2012?ref=ts.
- For further information, please contact
- Krishnaprasad K.V. (Chief Editor): +91-9916589670
- Ashwita Ambast (Deputy Chief Editor): +91-9986478265 or email us at mail [dot] nlsir [at] gmail [dot] com.