The Commonwealth Legal Education Association (CLEA) has been organizing the CLEA Moot Court Competition in which student teams from universities from the Commonwealth compete for the Turnbull Shield.
The Moot Court Competition has grown over the years and attracts the finest talent from the Commonwealth countries, providing a platform to the students to participate, interact and learn from each other. The Moot Court competition witness the best student advocates from each region on the legal issues and controversy set out in the moot proposition. Besides this, it provides an opportunity to meet and interact with each other from commonwealth countries which leads to fusion of knowledge and research on a common problem. It provides a unique opportunity to interact with the judges from the Commonwealth Countries which leads to sharing of experiences, thoughts etc.
The National Rounds for South Asia is being conducted in India, which in turn is organized at Faculty of Law, Mody Institute of Science & Technology, Sikar, Rajasthan from 30th November-2nd December 2012. It is being organized in collaboration with CLEA. Prof. (Dr.) S. Sivakumar, Director-in- Charge of Indian Law Institute, New Delhi is the president of CLEA-Asia, who is also the coordinator of the CLEA Regional Mooting (National and Commonwealth Rounds).
The two teams from South Asian region (i.e. one from India and one from other South Asian Commonwealth countries) shall participate in the final rounds of Commonwealth Moot Court Competition in Cape Town (South Africa) to be held in April,2013.
- Release of Moot Problem: 05th October, 2012
- Last Date for Registration (online) : 30th October, 2012
- Last Date for Clarifications on Moot Problem : 30th October, 2012
- Last Date for Registration (via Post) :5th November, 2012
- Last Date of Submission of Memorial : 25th November, 2012
- Announcement of Results: 02nd December, 2012
- All teams must register themselves for the participation in competition by sending a scanned copy of the ‘Registration Form’ (annexed herewith) & Demand Draft -completely filled and duly signed by the Head/ Authorized Moot Court Committee of the Participating Institution to the official email id latest by 11:59 pm on 30th October, 2012. The hard copy of the registration form along with the original Demand Draft shall be sent to the address given below before or on 5th November 2012.
Faculty of Law,
Mody Institute of Technology & Science,
Lakshmangarh – 332311,
Dist. Sikar, Rajasthan (India).
Phone no. 01573-225875
- The selected teams shall be required to send the nominal registration fee of Rs. 2,500 INR (Rupees Two Thousand Five Hundred Only) through “Demand Draft”, drawn in favor of “MITS.FJS”, payable at Lakshmangarh/Sikar, to be received latest by 30 th October, 2012 along with the Registration Form and the Travel Form.
- The Registration fee includes the fee for both the Moot Court Competition and the International Seminar.
- Registration forms received after the deadline shall not be considered for registration. In case of any changes in the team composition, in terms of the members, the same must be officially conveyed to the Organizers at the time of the formal registration.