News Updates: July 16&17, 2015
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched another ambitious scheme the National Skill Development Mission to train 400 million Indians by 2022.
- The government also launched the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), skill loan scheme and the national policy for skill development and entrepreneurship 2015 on the World Youth Skill Day. Under the skill loan scheme, youth can avail credit between Rs 5,000 and Rs 150,000 to attend skill-related training programme.
- Varanasi chosen as ‘city of music’ by UNESCO
- World Youth Skill Day: 15 July 2015.
- IAF leaves for Indo-UK bilateral exercise Indradhanush.
- The Government of India, Andhra Pradesh and the World Bank today signed a $250-million credit agreement for the Andhra Pradesh Disaster Recovery Project.
- The European Central Bank (ECB) increased emergency funding for Greek banks, ending a freeze of almost three weeks and urging Europe to find a way to cut the country’s debt burden.
- RBI allows banks without ATM network to issue debit cards with bigger banks as sponsors.