At the Rio+20 Conference, world leaders, along with thousands of participants from governments, the private sector, NGOs and other groups, will come together to shape how we can reduce poverty, advance social equity and ensure environmental protection on an ever more crowded planet to get to the future we want. The Rio+20 Conference consist of various themes such as jobs, energy, cities, food, water, oceans and disasters.
Centre for Environmental Law, Policy and Development is looking for Research Interns who would research and work under various themes and formulate research papers on the upcoming conference. Successful interns would be provided with a certificate on completion.
Application Deadline: 7 June 2012
Internship Period: 1 Month from 10 June 2012
Required Background: The intern is expected to be entrepreneurial, motivated and passionate about environment and sustainable development.
- Research each theme with context to Rio+20 and draft various areas of interest.
- Collaborate with other interns to plan and formulate the research paper.
- Write articles in context to the theme for the CELPD blog during the Rio+20 Conference.
- Draft a master research paper which would be considered for publication in Journal for Environmental Law, Policy and Development.
- Interested applicants should drop in an email to info [at] celpd [dot] in enclosing their CV/resume.
- A telephonic interview would be conducted after shortlisting the CVs, pursuant to which selected candidates would be offered an internship.