The Law and Technology Committee of National Law School of India University, Bangalore is organizing Lawgging, the blogging competition from 3 – 25 September, 2012.
Submission Deadline: 25 September 2012
Theme: Openness and Accessibility on the Internet.
- The theme of the Lawgging Competition is Openness and Accessibility on the Internet. This includes but is not limited to censoring on the internet, rights of copyright owners, increasing access to knowledge through diverse means such as mobile applications, etc. The article can be based on either Openness or Accessibility and need not incorporate both components.
- The two categories under which articles on the blog can be written are:
- LEGAL: This article has to target a legal issue related to the theme and the blogger may give his own views which should be supported by appropriate authorities such as statutes, case-law, law reports, etc. (Some examples of issues which the blogger can target are the most debated SOPA, PIPA and cold storage; Intermediaries Guidelines, 2011 or the blogger may choose to remark on the Google Books case. Time to flaunt your lawyerly skills!)
- FICTION: The blogger is free to use his imagination and can weave a story which should depict the theme and present the views of the author. (You can set it in an imaginary world or you can make things happen in this one. Unleash your imagination and blog about how Openness and Accessibility on the Internet should function according to you.)
Rules & Regulations
- Every individual is entitled to submit a blog. Only one entry per individual is allowed in one category. The same person may submit separate blogs for both categories.
- Only one article per blog will be evaluated.
- The Blog can be a pre-existing blog which the blogger already has. Please download the Rules & Regulations below for more information.
- Entries must strictly fit in either of the categories as given below.
- The Blog must be accessible to the public.
- Blogs must be written by the person individually and no co-authorship is allowed.
- The Blog can be made using any platform such as Blogger, WordPress, Weebly, etc.
- Images, photographs, caricatures, cartoons, etc, can be used in the article. If these are not created by the blogger but have been taken from any other source, due credit must be given to the source.
- Videos cannot be a part of the article that has to be evaluated.
- Cross-referencing and linking to other sources is allowed.
- The maximum length of an article should be 1000-1500 words. The blog must not contain any offensive comment which may qualify as obscene, discriminatory, racist or others.
- Plagiarism would lead to disqualification
- The blogger must email the link to his blog to ltech [dot] nls [at] gmail [dot] com by 11:59 PM on 25th September, 2012.
- The subject of the email should be Lawgging Competition: Category under which submission is being made.
- The email must, in addition to the link and category under which submission is being made, contain the Name of the blogger, Name of the blog, College Name, Year and Contact Number.
- All blogs in each category would be judged by 2 judges.
- The blogger who scores the highest cumulatively would be declared the winner of each category.
- In case there is a tie, the judges would rate the blog on a scale of 3 without any scores.
- The blogger with a higher rating out of 9 points will be adjudged as the winner.
- The decision of the judges would be final.
- The winner for each category would be awarded Rs.5000 (five thousand) only.